Kiddush goblet with dedicatory inscription

Vienna, Austria-Hungary
ca. 1880
Silver, repoussé and engraved
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the goblet was donated in memory of Rabbi Leib Kenigsberger, Chief of the Rabbinic Court of the Holy Community of Steinamanger (Szombathely), and his wife Feigele, by their son Yonatan Kenigsberger and his wife Sarl, on Rosh Hashana (Hebrew New Year) 1880, in honor of the synagogue inauguration
H: 25; Diam: 14 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 262
Accession number: B50.02.0854;133/004

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge