Kiddush goblet with inscription

Vienna, Austrian Empire
1818
Silver, repoussé, and engraved; metal sheet restoration and weight-supporting stone
The later Hebrew inscription mentions the names of the donors: the synagogue Charity Society wardens ("gabbaim") Chaim Leib Veiner and Moshe Rozsenbaum from the Holy Community of Szerdahely (abbreviated, named also Dunaszerdahely), and the year [5]631 (1871)
H: 21; Diam: 9 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 292
Accession number: B50.02.0865;133/013

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge