Kiddush goblet with dedicatory inscription

Vienna, Austria-Hungary
1889
Silver, repoussé, and engraved
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the goblet is a gift to Rabbi Shlomo Katz Strasser, Chief of the Rabbinical Court of the Holy Community of Sabatisht (Subotica), from his hometown community Kahal Adat Yeshurun of Tab, at the weekly Torah portion Shlach, [5]649 (1889)
H: 13.5; Diam: 7.5 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 426
Accession number: B50.02.0864;133/015

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge