Burial Society charity box with dedicatory inscription on plaque shaped like Tablets of the Law

Vienna
1836
Silver, repoussé and engraved
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the box belongs to the Burial Society of the Charity Society of Vashvar (Vasvár); that it was donated by two synagogue wardens ("gabbaim") Refael Leib and Aaron Shpitzer; and the Hebrew year
H: 18; Diam: 9 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 504
Accession number: B50.02.0898;130/022

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge