Cloth for cantor's stand with dedicatory inscription

Trakai, Lithuania
1893
Silk damask woven with cotton, metal, and wool thread; cotton lining with cotton thread embroidery
The Hebrew inscription embroidered on the lining mentions that this cloth was donated to the synagogue of Trakai on "Sabbath Nachamu" (the first Sabbath after the 9th of Av) by Sara Hana, daughter of the late Simcha Yitzhak Levanos, and the Hebrew year
L: 142; W: 52 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: T496
Accession number: B50.02.1880;156/003

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge