Hallah cover

Jerusalem, Land of Israel
Late 19th century
Silk, printed; printed cotton lining (added later)
Hebrew inscriptions: kiddush for Sabbath and holidays, verses and quotations with descriptions and names of holy places, of the menorah and utensils for the Tabernacle, of the four animals mentioned in Ethics of the Fathers; Russian inscriptions in the lower margins: "Typo-lithography by H. Kelter, 11 Novolipie Street, Warsaw"; "Approved by the Kiev censor, November 7, 1888"
L: 43; W: 46 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 27
Accession number: B50.02.1722;160/016


Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav