Four pieces of marriage canopy

Heves, Hungary
1876
Silk damask, gilt metal cord embroidery on cardboard cutouts, metal thread industrial ribbon and metal thread industrial fringed ribbon; cotton lining
Hebrew inscriptions: "The sound of mirth and gladness"; "The voice of bridegroom and bride" (Jeremiah 33:11); "Donated by Asher Bloy and his late wife Chaya, from here, the Holy Community of Heves"; "The year [5]636 [1876]"
H: 23; W: 143–163 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: T358 1-5
Accession number: B50.02.1787(a-d);162/003

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge