Print | Close

 

Hanukkah lamp adorned with Hanukkah lamp flanked by rampant lions
Frankfurt, Germany
1748-76
Silversmith: Rötger (Rüdiger) Herfurth (active 1748–76)
Silver, repoussé, engraved, cut, and partly gilt
H: 22; W: 25.3 cm
The Stieglitz Collection was donated to the Museum with the contribution of Erica and Ludwig Jesselson, New York, to American Friends of the Israel Museum
Accession number: B86.0024 ; 118/864


From the Israel Museum publications:
Benjamin, Chaya, The Stieglitz Collection: Masterpieces of Jewish Art, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1987, English / Hebrew

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-