Print | Close

 

Torah shield
Turkey
ca. 1865
Silver, repoussé and engraved
Inscribed in Hebrew with the names of “the righteous women” who donated the shield
H: 26; W: 37 cm
Accession number: B69.0443 ; 148/202


From the Israel Museum publications:
Juhasz, Esther, ed., Sephardi Jews in The Ottoman Empire: Aspects of Material Culture, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel, 1990

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-