Print | Close

 

Burial Society charity box with dedicatory inscription
Budapest, Hungary, Austrian Empire
1861
Silver, repoussé and engraved
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the box was made by the synagogue wardens ("gabbaim") of the Burial Society of Waitzen (Vác): Wolf Khrinvier, Shmuel Kesig, and Zalman Leib Regber; and the Hebrew year
H: 22; Diam: 11 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 488
Accession number: B50.02.0902 ; 130/023


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-