Print | Close

 

Torah shield with dedicatory inscription, decorated with crouching lion and birds
Vienna, Austria-Hungary
1866–72
Silver, repoussé, pierced, engraved, partly gilt, and inlaid with semi-precious stones
Hebrew inscriptions: the Ten Commandments (abbreviated); on the back side: "In memory of Rabbi Yehudah, son of the late Rabbi Menahem Goldschmid, donated by his family"
H: 20; W:15 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 3674
Accession number: B50.02.0382 ; 148/159


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-