Print | Close

 

Torah shield with dedicatory inscription
Galicia or Ukraine
1840(?)
Copper sheet, repoussé, and engraved; remains of silver plating
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the shield was donated by Av[raham?] for (or with) his son, and the Hebrew year
H: 9; W: 10 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 6544
Accession number: B50.02.0268 ; 148/027


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright ¬© The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-