Print | Close

 

Torah finials with dedicatory inscription, decorated with the emblem of the Austrian Empire
Austrian Empire
1818
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and cast
Inscribed in Hebrew: "A donation from the Jewish Community of Timishar [Timişoara]"; "Raise a shout together, o ruins of Jerusalem" (Isaiah 52:9)
H: 38; Diam: 10 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 4803 and 4159
Accession number: B50.02.0734(a-b) ; 147/030

One of the two bells is missing.


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-