Print | Close

 

Memorial lamp for the synagogue
Syria
Dedicated 1904
Silver, repoussé
Hebrew memorial inscription with name of deceased
Lamp (without chain): H: 5.7; Diam (upper): 18.1 cm
The Feuchtwanger Collection, purchased and donated by Baruch and Ruth Rappaport, Geneva
Accession number: HF 0189 ; 120/005


From the Israel Museum publications:
Shachar, Isaiah, Jewish Tradition in Art: The Feuchtwanger Collection of Judaica, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1981

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-