Print | Close

 

Mortuary comb
Moravia
1736
Silver, engraved
Hebrew inscription listing the names of the donors, who were also gabbaim (officers of the burial society)
H: 6.2; W: 12.8 cm
The Feuchtwanger Collection, purchased and donated by Baruch and Ruth Rappaport, Geneva
Accession number: HF 0167 ; 191/029


From the Israel Museum publications:
Shachar, Isaiah, Jewish Tradition in Art: The Feuchtwanger Collection of Judaica, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1981

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-