Print | Close

 

Hanukkah lamp adorned with Temple Menorah
Tétouan, Morocco
Late 19th – early 20th century
Brass, cast; brass sheet, pierced and engraved
Inscription (Arabic): “the teacher (?) Yihyya son of B (?) . . . Tetuán”
H: 49; W: 42 cm
Shalom Asch Collection, on permanent loan from The Jerusalem Foundation
Accession number: L-B73.1126 ; 118/692


From the Israel Museum publications:
Benjamin, Chaya, North African Lights, Hanukkah Lamps from the Zeyde Schulman Collection in the Israel Museum, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 2003, English / Hebrew

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-