Print | Close

 

Eternal light for the synagogue
Izmir, Turkey
ca. 1877
Silver, repoussé, punched, stamped, and niello
Hebrew inscription notes that the lamp was donated “for the exaltation of the soul of Perla de Leon daughter of Sultana on 11 Adar 5637 [=1877]”
H: 24; Diam: 21 cm
Accession number: B84.1106 ; 120/027


Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-