Print | Close

 

Tankard-shaped charity box
Lvov, Poland
1775
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and cast
Inscribed in Hebrew: "Giving charity brings peace" (Mishnah Avot 2:7) and the Hebrew year [5] 535 [1775]
H: 13.9; Diam: 8.2 cm
The Stieglitz Collection was donated to the Museum with the contribution of Erica and Ludwig Jesselson, New York, to American Friends of the Israel Museum
Accession number: B86.0219 ; 130/053


From the Israel Museum publications:
Benjamin, Chaya, The Stieglitz Collection: Masterpieces of Jewish Art, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1987, English / Hebrew

Exhibitions:
The Stieglitz Collection: Masterpieces of Jewish Art, Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 30/11/1987 - 21/04/1987

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright ¬© The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-