Print | Close


Torah shield decorated with crown, lions and twisted columns
Nuremberg, Germany
Early 18th century
Artist: Johann Conrad Weiss (active 1699–1751)
Silver, repoussé, engraved, punched, cut, and pierced, gilt
Hebrew letters on separate plaque: "R[osh] H[ashanah]"
H: 31.7; W: 23.1; Th: 4.7 cm
The Stieglitz Collection was donated to the Museum with the contribution of Erica and Ludwig Jesselson, New York, to American Friends of the Israel Museum
Accession number: B86.0130 ; 148/279

From the Israel Museum publications:
Benjamin, Chaya, The Stieglitz Collection: Masterpieces of Jewish Art, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1987, English / Hebrew

The Stieglitz Collection: Masterpieces of Jewish Art, Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 30/11/1987 - 21/04/1987

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

  Print | Close


  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-