Print | Close

 

Four pieces of marriage canopy
Heves, Hungary
1876
Silk damask, gilt metal cord embroidery on cardboard cutouts, metal thread industrial ribbon and metal thread industrial fringed ribbon; cotton lining
Hebrew inscriptions: "The sound of mirth and gladness"; "The voice of bridegroom and bride" (Jeremiah 33:11); "Donated by Asher Bloy and his late wife Chaya, from here, the Holy Community of Heves"; "The year [5]636 [1876]"
H: 23; W: 143–163 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: T358 1-5
Accession number: B50.02.1787(a-d) ; 162/003


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem


  Print | Close

 

  Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-