Mortuary comb with dedicatory inscription

Hungary
1840
Silver, cut and engraved
Hebrew inscription mentions the names of the donors, members of the Burial Society Rabbi Neta Raab and Rabbi Yosef Hersh, and the Hebrew year
H: 5.4; W: 12.1 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 5963
Accession number: B50.02.0573;191/016

From the Israel Museum publications:
Steinberg, Shlomit, Orphaned Art: Looted Art from the Holocaust in the Israel Museum, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, English / Hebrew

Exhibitions:
Orphaned Art: Looted Art from the Holocaust in the Israel Museum, Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 18/02/2008 - 23/08/2008

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge