Burial Society charity box with dedicatory inscription

Budapest, Hungary, Austrian Empire
1861
Silver, repoussé and engraved
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the box was made by the synagogue wardens ("gabbaim") of the Burial Society of Waitzen (Vác): Wolf Khrinvier, Shmuel Kesig, and Zalman Leib Regber; and the Hebrew year
H: 22; Diam: 11 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 488
Accession number: B50.02.0902;130/023

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge