Torah crown adorned with hands raised for the Priestly Benediction

Alsace, France
1793
Silver, repoussé, pierced, punched, engraved, and partly gilt; wirework; was inlaid with semiprecious stones (missing)
Inscribed in Hebrew with the names of donors Uri Feiver, son of the late Mordechai Katz, and his wife Gella Chaya, daughter of the late Shmuel Nekersol; the abbreviation for Torah Crown; and the Hebrew year
H: 20; Diam: 21 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization), Wiesbaden collecting point
Accession number: B50.02.1343;146/010

From the Israel Museum publications:
Steinberg, Shlomit, Orphaned Art: Looted Art from the Holocaust in the Israel Museum, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, English / Hebrew

Exhibitions:
Orphaned Art: Looted Art from the Holocaust in the Israel Museum, Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 18/02/2008 - 23/08/2008

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge