Torah shield with dedicatory inscription

Galicia or Ukraine
Copper sheet, repoussé, and engraved; remains of silver plating
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the shield was donated by the late Eliezer Fabi (Hebrew initials "peh," "beit," "yud") in the year [5]602 (1842)
H: 10; W: 9 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 6544
Accession number: B50.02.0269;148/029


Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav