Torah pointer with dedicatory inscription

Jerusalem, Land of Israel
Silver, filigree, cast, engraved, and inlaid with turquoise; carved ivory
Inscribed in Hebrew: "Bezalel Jerusalem"; later inscription in Hungarian mentions that the pointer was donated to the synagogue of Szarvas by Dr. Sheiner to commemorate his trip to Jerusalem, and the Hebrew year 5677 (1916)
L: 27 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 5591
Accession number: B50.02.1299;149/006


Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav