Kiddush cup with dedicatory inscription

Cluj, Transylvania
1691
Silversmith: Danieli Brassai
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and partly gilt
Inscriptions: "ANNO 1691 GOTS SARA"; later Hebrew inscription mentions that the cup was donated by the family of the lateYehiel Yehuda and Rachel Lea Hay (whose Hungarian names – Mihály and Róza Háy – appear in an additional inscription), and the Hebrew year [5]670 [1910]
H: 15; Diam: 10.7 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 350
Accession number: B50.02.0826;133/129
See Torah crown and basin for ritual hand washing also donated by the Háy family.

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge