Crowned Hanukkah lamp with Tablets of the Law flanked by lions

Kaschau (Košice), Austria-Hungary
19th century
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and punched
Hebrew dedicatory inscription to Rabbi Ya'akov Shraga Halevi Yungereiz from the yeshivah students of Kashoi (Košice, Slovakia)
H: 26; W: 24 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 3287
Accession number: B50.02.1556;118/055

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge