Torah crown with finials

Austria-Hungary
1910
Silver, repoussé, pierced, cut, punched, engraved, and partly gilt
Hebrew inscription mentions that the crown was donated by the family of the late Yehiel Yehuda and Rachel Lea Hay (whose Hungarian names – Mihály and Róza Háy – appear in an additional inscription), and the Hebrew year
H: 50; Diam: 40 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 5089
Accession number: B50.02.0909;146/016
See a kiddush cup and basin for ritual hand washing also donated by the Háy family.

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge