Pendant for Torah shield with dedicatory inscription

Altingen, Germany
1855
Silver, repoussé, and engraved; remains of pendant chain
Inscribed in German in honor of Mr. Lewis Harris from Dublin, eldest son of Mr. J. Wormser "from here" [Altingen],1855
H: 6.4; W: 5.4 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 229
Accession number: B50.02.0271(a);148/177
See two similar pendants dedicated to the parents and to the congregation of the donor.

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Bchory Frish

EnlargeEnlarge