Torah finials with dedicatory inscription, decorated with the emblem of the Austrian Empire

Austrian Empire
1818
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and cast
Inscribed in Hebrew: "A donation from the Jewish Community of Timishar [Timişoara]"; "Raise a shout together, o ruins of Jerusalem" (Isaiah 52:9)
H: 38; Diam: 10 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 4803 and 4159
Accession number: B50.02.0734(a-b);147/030
One of the two bells is missing.

עברית

Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav

EnlargeEnlarge